Saturday, November 8, 2008

A Couple Of Days Early

Even though it's not until Monday, it looks as though we'll be celebrating my birthday tomorrow. Mom's insisting on making me a cake, claiming that I simply cannot make my own birthday cake. Mom'll come down and watch the kids while J and I enjoy dinner at my favorite restaurant.

It's funny, I used to be all about birthdays. But now a quiet observation is all I want. On the actual day, I'd like to try and go out to breakfast if the Muffins cooperate and then hit the gym. Laying low and taking a moment to realize the many blessings in my life is the best way to mark the passage of time for me.

33, here I come!

1 comment:

Mom of 3 Boys said...

happy bday early heather!

apparently i am going to have to get to the common man...they have lobster bisque and creme brulee. my favorite app and favorite dessert!