Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Seeing The Blessing Through The Frustrations

The kids were INSANE yesterday and for most of the day today. Ella caught me under the chin twice today, headbutting me and causing me to bite my tongue both times. Liam has figured out how to silently move one of the dining chairs so that he can climb up and play with everything that he shouldn't. I'm rapidly running out of high surfaces to put things on. I went grocery shopping tonight (alone, bonus!), only to basically have to race to put the groceries away because I was essentially under attack by both kids and they were into everything - I mean everything. Ella decided to spit up some of her dinner and then proceeded to wipe it all over her face, hands and her brother's hair. If I were being honest on facebook, my status might read something like this: Heather sometimes feels like she's getting her ass kicked by motherhood.

But in the end, all of the frustrations instantly wash away when the Amazing Muffins grab each other's hands and dance around the living room or when they wrap their tiny arms around me and say, "I love you, Mama."

So, I'll amend it to say: Heather sometimes feels like she's getting her ass kicked by motherhood. But she wouldn't have it any other way.

1 comment:

Mom of 3 Boys said...

i thought i would tell you after reading about your day w kids...
patrick got the scissors, cut into seasoning packet and spread it on kitchen rug and dog's crate. (yes i know: why are scissors within a 2yo's reach...umm we have moved them to back of drawer but apparently they have to be put way way way up high)

later, he clogged up the bathroom sink w toilet paper till it overflowed. you wouldnt have wanted to be in my house hearing what i was saying then!

there may have been something else too. who knows with him.