Monday, November 3, 2008

Life 'Round Here

I was kind of only half serious when I said that I didn't see the early rising streak coming to an end...but today the kids got up at 7:20! Eeeek!

I was in the middle or sorting their laundry in the hopes that I could at least get one load in before they woke up. I did, but not before they were pretty unhappy that I hadn't gotten them sooner. As it happened, I did manage to get all of their laundry done over the course of the day, and I even made dinner (spinach, cheese and bacon quiche which the Muffins love). That's a pretty productive day around here.

The kids are going through a phase (at least, I hope it's a phase) where they pretty much don't want me to do oh, well, anything without them, which makes meal preparation especially challenging. Liam, in particular, is very vocal about his desire for me to hold him and to "not make dinna!" I'm starting to think that I'm going to have to get up at 5 am in order to get anything done around here.

I'm pooped.

ETA: This is the first year where daylight savings time, or its end, has kicked our asses. We've been lucky enough to escape its havoc-wreaking effects thus far in the Muffins' lives. It looks as though our luck has run out.

**********

Get out there and vote! If you don't vote, you can't complain.

No comments: