Thursday, November 20, 2008

Thanks Again, Lorriane

Welcome to the Christmas Edition of Getting To Know Your Family and Friends!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both.
2. Real tree or Artificial? We caved and got an artificial tree a couple of years ago and I love it. It's beautiful and pre-lit and makes life so much easier. I can put it up and not have to stress about decorating it, but still enjoy it since it's already lit. (And, yes, I'm the only one who can decorate the tree...I'm a perfectionist. When Liam and Ella are older, I plan on getting them a little tree to decorate themselves.)
3. When do you put up the tree? Usually the first weekend in December.
4. When do you take the tree down? Whenever. Usually by the end of January. It always kind of depresses me to take it down.
5. Do you like eggnog? D-I-S-G-U-S-T-I-N-G.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Oh man, I was spoiled as a kid (but I didn't realize it at the time)...I don't know if I have a favorite, but I think my kitchen set was the most memorable. It was huge and took up half of the living room and had individual appliances. I loved that thing (and it was all metal with sharp corners and everything - imagine that for kids today!)
7. Hardest person to buy for? J, because he never wants anything.
8. Easiest person to buy for? Caitlin, Liam and Ella.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, a few of them.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail. Always.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A CD of Irish Drinking Songs. Apparently, the logic was that, since I liked Celtic music, the CD should be right up my alley. I've never listened to it to this day.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? White Christmas.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? All throughout the year.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I don't think so.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Pretty much everything. But, I make really yummy fudge around the Holidays.
16. Lights on the tree? Only white.
17. Favorite Christmas song? I'll Be Home for Christmas and O, Holy Night. I think George Winston's December is the most beautiful album ever.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Christmas Eve up at Mom's, celebrating Mass at her church and then dinner at her house. Christmas day at my home, where I make dinner and then we open gifts.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Most certainly. Would you like me to?
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Nothing, actually. The tree goes pretty much right to the ceiling and I like it that way. I do have a rustic star, but haven't used it in a while.
21. Presents on Christmas Eve or morning? I grew up with the tradition of one gift on Christmas Eve and may reinstate that, but otherwise we do them late Christmas afternoon, after dinner (we wait for my Mom to come down, and she always needs to rest after playing the Christmas Masses). It makes the day more relaxing, I feel.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? I don't know. I love this time of year and really practice the "good will towards men" thing. I find that I have more patience during this time of year, so nothing really gets to me.
23. Favorite Ornament theme or color? My tree is covered in special ornaments. I don't decorate with a theme. I buy J and the Muffins, among others, an ornament each year and I love looking through the ornaments and remembering Christmases past. I'm a huge sentimentalist.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? It's pretty much a repeat of Thanksgiving dinner for me. I get upset if someone wants to do something other than turkey and all of the trimmings.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Nothing really. But, I do keep dropping hints about an automatic car starter.

2 comments:

Mom of 3 Boys said...

thanks for filling out :) i am going to read in the am b/c i am sleepy! not that your thing made me sleepy!!!! it's called 'food coma'..haha

Cait said...

I know someone who loves Irish drinking songs and plays them ALL the time in his car. Do you still have the CD?