Thursday, November 8, 2007

Something To Bore You With

Tonight was Ladies' Night at the jewelry store where C works. She'd been after me to try and go, even though I'm not in the market for any new jewelry at the moment. I wasn't up for it, and knew I needed to go grocery shopping tonight, but I ended popping down to the store (where "popping" = 25 minute drive). The bonus was that my massage therapist was doing free chair massages (at my suggestion) and she treated me to a very relaxing massage. I can't wait for my appointment to see her in a few weeks.

The store was busy (even though, when C called to convince me to come down (using the massage as enticement), it was apparently slower than molasses). It wasn't a bad time; I got my rings cleaned and buffed and had a nice little massage. After the week that I've had, I needed it.

I ended up doing my grocery shopping down in Manchester, which was ok, but for some reason nearly all of the organic whole milk (every brand) was sold out. I managed to get 4 half gallons, practically wedging myself into the cooler to do so. I hate shopping someplace different than my usual store. Even though the chain was the same, the layout was backwards to what I'm used to and I spent a lot of time running back and forth because I'd missed the section I needed. When checking out, I was annoyed when the cashier, failing to note my $10 off coupon, told me to "just use it next time" since she'd already rung through the transaction. Stellar customer service skills, chicky.

I was happy to get home, though. I was only gone 2 1/2 hours, but I missed the kids and spending time together as a family this evening.

Totally random: I changed my razor blade last night for the first time in over two years. Impressive, eh?

No comments: