Sunday, November 11, 2007

Looking Forward

By this time next week, I will have met baby Devin. Derek's mother lives in Brattleboro and he and Rox visit her every Sunday (they live in MA, but pop up to Brat to do laundry and, since Devin's arrival, so that Nana Andrea can get her fill of her grandson). They've asked me to meet them at Andrea's and I'm really looking forward to seeing the baby. He'll be two weeks old on the 16th and I can't wait to hold his tiny, wriggling little body and drink in his sweet baby scent. I love the stage that the Muffins are in - they are so unbelievably funny and are learning new things every single day that I'm constantly in awe of them - but I miss the early days of babyness and can't wait to have Devin snuggle in and fall asleep.

Andrea hasn't met the Muffins yet so it'd be nice for her to meet my children, but I think that only one of the kidlets would make the trip. I think J and I are either going to do a kid split with me most likely taking #2 and J and #1 staying home, or I'll go by myself and the kids and J will have a nice day together. We're not sure how toddler-proof Andrea's house is and it's a lot of work to chase after the Muffins when they're exploring a new environment. There's a definite possibility that very little visiting would be done and a lot of running around and several choruses of "no" would be the order of the day.

Either way, I'll get a baby fix and see some good friends, too. I can't wait.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You've got mail!

Sorry. I rarely get opportunities to use that line, so, ya know.