Wednesday, November 28, 2007

A Meme With Lots 'O Links

Jennifer from life with girls tagged me for the 7 random things meme. I had done one a couple of weeks ago, but I decided to list 7 more random things about me, but to not tag 7 other people. So...here goes.

~ When I was younger, I was jealous of my niece and nephew because they had cable and got to watch Picture Pages and You Can't Do That On Television. Later on, my sister decided to do away with their television completely. I wasn't jealous of them after that.

~ My senior year in high school, I played the lead role of Mabel in The Pirates of Penzance. The male lead was my ex-boyfriend and at the end of the show we had to kiss. Every night I burped into his mouth just a little bit.

~ When I was 6 my family went on vacation to Florida. We drove. 4 kids aged 6 - 16 and two parents. Ugh. On the morning of the day we were to arrive in Orlando, we woke up really early and I fell asleep at the breakfast table. I landed face first into my cup of hot chocolate.

~ On that same trip, I threw a tantrum because I didn't want to visit the alligator farm. My father was not pleased that I was so terrified of the alligators. I ended up staying behind at the hotel with my sister, N.

~ I was a DJ at the first college I went to and, aside from my friendship with KL, it was the only good thing to come out of my time there. I started every radio show with NIN's Down In It. Oh how I loved the song.

~ I really like the color of my eyes after I cry.

~ I'm a shy honker. I don't like to honk at people. My preferred method of showing my frustration with a fellow driver is to subtly flip them off at some point below their line of vision. I get the satisfaction of feeling as though I've vented my annoyance, and yet I haven't acted in a way that might piss someone off. However, when I have to bring the van in for service, I have to honk at the door to the service entrance in order to be let in. This causes me great anxiety and I always hope that the door's already open. It never is. On my most recent trip, to get the van inspected, I actually admitted my honking aversion to the service manager as he did up my paperwork and, though he tried to be polite, he laughed his ass off at me. I was backed up by the technician, though, who admitted that he too hates to honk.

No comments: