Tuesday, July 10, 2007

100 Things About Me, Part 2

  • Even though I'm a native New Englander, I can't stand real maple syrup. Give me the fake stuff any day.
  • However, I probably won't notice if you sneak real maple syrup into a recipe.
  • I'm kind of a recycling nut, but not in a bad way.
  • I once tried to like tofu to impress a guy in high school. We're talking eating it plain. On top of salad. It was wet, white and mushy. He didn't care.
  • I now make a really mean tofu casserole (but it's the only tofu I'll eat).
  • Last night, I inadvertently put my facial cleanser on my toothbrush. Fortunately, I caught it before I put the toothbrush in my mouth.
  • I've never regretted leaving work to be home with the Muffins.
  • New Year's is my least favorite holiday.
  • I have a crush on Christopher Walken. Seriously.
  • Growing up, you were either a Cyndi Lauper girl or a Madonna girl. I was a bigtime Cyndi girl.
  • I went home from summer camp early.
  • I was homesick.
  • I hate to cry in front of others. Even J.
  • Terms of Endearment is the one movie that can always make me cry.
  • Since I've had children, I cry more easily.
  • I'm a bit of a control freak.
  • I've loosened up a lot since I became a mother.
  • Even though I was adamant about having it done while I was pregnant, I decided not to have #1 circumcised.
  • I tend to laugh inappropriately at violence in movies. That scene in Red Dragon where the guy goes screaming down the street in a fiery wheelchair? Fucking brilliant!
  • Once, in fourth grade, I went to the bathroom and pinched the corners of my eyes to make it look like I had pinkeye so I could be sent home. I had to keep pinching them surreptitiously until someone could come pick me up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hate real maple syrup too. Though I admit to getting pissed off when I see it on menus as an "extra." I mean, please. It's made down the road!

I think they do it for the tourists. Yeah. That's it.