Friday, December 12, 2008

The Day In Pictures


We've had an interesting couple of days in New Hampshire. A massive ice storm moved through the state starting last night. We lost power for not quite two hours early this morning, and Ella freaked the hell out. We had a little party in the kids' room until the power came back on, and then the Muffins were tucked back into bed and slept for a few hours more.

We're among the lucky ones. More than 400,000 homes and businesses here are without power still, and the expectation is that it may still take a couple of days to get all of the power restored. Crews are coming in from as far away as Ohio, apparently.

Those trees? Completely covered in ice. And Concord isn't nearly the hardest hit part of the state.

This tree? I decorated it tonight. Isn't it pretty? Not sure if I'm going to do a tree skirt this year or not.

This ornament? My newest addition this year (it's tradition that I get an ornament for J's sister's family, J, the kids, Cait, JP, Mom and myself every year). I love it and it pretty much sums up how I feel about the season and life in general.

No comments: