Thursday, March 12, 2009

To Sleep Perchance To...Sleep

Admittedly, I stayed up too late this past Saturday...you know, the night that we lost an hour of sleep. I didn't feel the effects of it, though, and slept wonderfully Sunday night. Monday and Tuesday nights were filled with frustration, tossing and turning and not much sleeping. I decided to take a Tylenol PM last night, in the hopes of getting a solid 8 hours.

Big mistake.

Early this morning, Liam woke up from what I'm assuming was a bad dream. J had gone in to try and settle him, but he wanted me so I went in and snuggled with him. Ella had woken up too but I was confident that they'd go back to sleep after a Mumma cuddle.

Pride goeth before the fall, right?

It was 4:53 AM and neither child went back to sleep. Liam wanted to desperately, but Ella made sure that no one would get anymore sleep.

When Daddy gets home from work, Mumma curls up on the couch to rest and Liam climbs up on Mumma and passes out himself. Ella, for the record, took a 20 minute nap in the car around Noon, but kept going and going and going otherwise...straight on 'til bedtime.

No comments: