Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Time Crunch And More DWTS

Easter is less than 3 weeks away, followed the next weekend by Liam and Ella's birthday party. I'm starting to feel the pressure of having to do everything. The days are just slipping by and I have no idea where the time is going. I was able to bring the kids up to Mom's on Monday, which was nice. I got some things done around the house which I'd been wanting to accomplish for quite a while, but don't let that fool you into thinking that I'm on top of my game.

It'll all get done, of course, just like before Thanksgiving and Christmas. I have more than a sneaking suspicion that my sleep is going to suffer in a rather large way. And, I'm not such a happy camper when I don't get enough rest. I'm clueless about what to serve, too. Not so much for Easter - that'll be the traditional ham dinner blah blah blah. Easter is my sister, M's, birthday, too, so I think I'm going to be wrangled into making a birthday cake or some other dessert to mark the occasion. I'm conflicted about this for a variety of reasons, but that's an entirely different post. It's the birthday party that's stumping me. There'll only be 4 kids here, so I'm not overly worried about making it about super kid-friendly food. I don't know if I should go with something hot (lasagne, maybe?) or go for a cookout. I may just wait it out to see what the weather is going to be like and decide closer to the actual day. I just don't like being undecided for so long. Keep your fingers crossed for nice weather, and I'll just do the cookout mmmmmkay?

OK, onto DWTS. I wasn't sad to see Belinda go last week. She was too stiff and her attitude kind of sucked. The judges should learn by now that to berate someone pretty much guarantees their moving on to the next week. At least The Woz is making a genuine effort and having a good time, to boot. I feel bad for Steve-O, but obviously his fanbase is keeping him in. I actually commented to J while we were watching on Monday night that I'd like to se Holly and Denise go before The Woz...and I got one of my wishes! I think it worked out as it should last night with the chickys in the bottom two.

Holly is painful to watch. I like her partner, and I feel for him that he has to try and turn her into a dancer. Although, you'd think someone who is kind of, sort of all of about sex would have a move or two, wouldn't you? But, then again, she was dating Hef and I bet that that was more about not breaking anything than it was about busting a move in bed (seriously, can he even really have sex anymore?). When it comes right down to it, she's just a bit of a dork who can't move. That said, I was shocked she didn't go home before Denise.

Denise! Oh, Denise. You, my dear, are awful. Again, someone else who's kind of known for her sex appeal and you'd think that'd translate in some way onto the dance floor. Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not implying in the least that I could get out there and do what those professionals expect of their partners (it'd be fun, though, and I do have rhythm, but America is so not ready for that!), but she was more wooden than Holly and I couldn't tell in. the. slightest. that her dance-off performance was any better than her original. Poor Maks. I bet he thought Karina'd be the first to go between the two of them (and, given her squeal last night when it was announced that she and The Woz were safe, I think she thought so too).

I'm still in love with Gilles. Oh, how I'm in love with him. Good Lord, that man could Samba for me anytime. Shawn is such a cutie and doing very well. It's fun to see her improve and really take what the judges and Mark have to say to heart. She's a tough little cookie. Melissa is good, but is lacking something. Personality, maybe? David's humourous to watch and he's clearly pushing himself to learn and grow in the dance. Chuck is improving and he an Julianne are just too damn cute for words. Ty! Oh, I'm really starting to like him! He did wonderfully when Chelsie slipped and he's really starting to come out of his shell. I don't know if Steve-O can overcome his injury. Lil' Kim is amusing to watch, but not my favorite. She'll make it far-ish, but not to the end. Hey! Lawrence is shaking off his initial discomfort, too, and learning to have fun! How can you not get into it when super hottie Edyta is your partner?

Double elimination next week! My money's on Holly and The Woz. Then, I think it'll be Steve-O's turn, unless his injury knocks him out next week.

No comments: