Saturday, January 31, 2009

I Can See Clearly Behind Me Now

The rear windshield of the van broke mysteriously on Wednesday. Our best guess is that a small chunk of ice must have flown out of the snowblower while J was clearing the driveway. The windshield was pretty impressive, shattered into a trizillion pieces but still "intact." The perimeter of the glass blew out and I was pretty sure I wasn't going to be able to drive it anywhere to have it fixed.

I did the whole insurance bit and a mobile unit came out on Thursday and replaced the window. It was amazing. In less than an hour, the entire window was set and they installed new wiper blades, too. The tech assured me that I wouldn't have been able to drive anywhere for repairs, so I was glad that I wasn't being overly cautious (he needed to get into the van for something when he first arrived and, upon closing the driver side door, the entire center of the glass shattered into the back of the van.

Phew! Glad that's done! Let's hope it doesn't happen again...

No comments: