Monday, January 19, 2009

Brain Droppings

  • I'm in a rut. Or a funk. Or something. Whatever you want to call it, I'm just not feeling very me lately. Life is good. The kids are funny and, even though they've been a little challenging lately, I'm finding it easier to handle the challenges. There really isn't any reason for me to not feel 100%, but I don't.
  • Last night, at the gym, I watched a Food Network Challenge...for macaroni and cheese. Oh, it was so. very. tempting. It always makes me feel better to see other people watch the Food Network as they workout, too. Spread the guilt, you know?
  • Liam and Ella have been coming out with some of the funniest stuff lately. Looking out of the window the other night, Liam couldn't see the moon anymore. He looked at me very seriously and told me that "the moon is off." As I was singing to Ella the other night, Liam was running in and out of their room (as he always does) and, as we finished saying the Angel of God, we hugged and kissed goodnight and Ella put her nose directly on mine and said, "Oh, Mumma, I lost my Liam!" (He was out in the hall, waiting for me to gather his lovies and tell him to get in bed.)
  • I'm thinking of possibly going back to school in the fall of '10. It's all very much in the thinking phase right now, and I'm not even entirely sure that I want to go to school or go back to work (although it'd be a very different career path than I was in prior to the kids' birth). Just thinking at this point.
  • I'm very much looking forward to the inauguration tomorrow. The kids like Barack Obama, so I'm hoping we won't have any issues with Mumma wanting to watch something other than Noggin.
Lastly, I'll leave you with this thought...because it is indeed pretty damn awesome:

No comments: