Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Oh, Hello There!

Yes, I'm still alive. I've kind of fallen into the Facebook abyss. I get it now. Reconnecting with people hasn't been as terrible/uncomfortable/awkward as I thought it might. Plus, there's a fantastic word game application that is beyond addictive to play.

That said, let's catch up, shall we?

Needless to say, I'm thrilled with the results from the primaries last night in North Carolina and Indiana. Now, even if Florida and Michigan delegates are seated (which I don't think they should be), Obama still has the pledged and elected delegate votes to win. Howard Fineman and Chuck Todd did a great job last night of discussing how a back room deal can be worked out where FL and MI are counted and Hillary steps down graciously and Obama is the nominee. Even before last night, I've been working with the kids teaching them to say "President Obama." And, don't you think Michelle Obama will be an amazing First Lady?! But, I will not be pleased if Hillary is VP. I don't think it'll happen, but a lot of people seem to think it'd be a good compromise. Uhm, no! She wouldn't settle for VP and, while I do think that Obama needs to select someone older, but not her.

I do think Spring has finally arrived. We got a little bit of a teaser a couple of weeks ago (during which I had J install the air conditioners in our bedroom and the kids' room - it gets hella hot up there, even with a couple of days in the high 70s), and then it was back down to rain and temps in the 40s. It's been nice since Monday, though, and the forecast looks good, so I think we're in the clear. And, this isn't to say that I really like Spring, either. I don't. I'm not looking forward to the heat and humidity and the grossness of Summer. But days in the mid-70s and no humidity do hold their appeal for me.

I honestly don't know where the time has gone for the last couple of months. It feels as though the days have just been melting into one another. I look at the calendar and shake my head in confusion. How the hell is it May already?!

#1 and #2 are terribly funny. #1 seems to be going through another stage of not wanting me to leave the room and throws a pretty good fit if I'm not around. Sometimes it's a little discouraging, but I know he'll outgrow it. #2 is talking up a storm! Oh, she is funny! We went to visit Mom last Friday and, when we returned home, I told #1 that I needed to change his diaper. Well, #2 clearly thought that the diaper change - 4 hours earlier at Mom's - was sufficient enough and she loudly proclaimed to me, "No, Mumma, no change diaper! Diaper change Nana's house!" To which I explained that more than one diaper change is necessary in a day. The Muffins also seem to be loving each other a lot more now and it's so sweet. They play together so nicely and #1 just adores his sister.

Oh! I almost forgot! I had my hair cut on Saturday. For the first time in a year! It's cute. I went with shorter, but still long enough to pull back in a pony tail and got bangs again. I really do need to take better care of myself and get into the salon more than once a year.

OK, time for a kid pic. They had just given each other a kiss...

Oh, what's that? You want to see the new hair? Oh, well, since you asked nicely...

No comments: