Thursday, April 2, 2009

Forward Motion

  • I am spent. Emotionally, physically, every which way. I didn't really get any sleep until Tuesday night, but last night was very troubled sleep. The exhaustion brings me back to the early days of when Liam and Ella were born.
  • It's T-1 week until The Amazing Muffins turn 3! I cannot believe it. If I thought I was under a time crunch before? I've never been this far behind with planning their party or getting their invitations out, but I'll have them in the mail by Saturday. I gave everyone who's invited a head's up anyway, but I like to be formal about these things. Shortly after they were born, I figured out how old they'll be the first time Easter falls on their birthday (17, in case you're interested), because, well I'm crazy like that and needed to know when I was going to have to deal with the birthday/Holiday merger (as I mentioned before this Easter is my sister, M's, birthday). I'm very glad now that Easter is the Sunday after their birthday...it gives me the extra time that I need to get it all ready.
  • I really need to get back into the gym. I went last Friday night and, understandably, haven't been able to get back there. My goal is Saturday. That'll put me back in line with my weight training schedule and it should be quiet enough when I go so that I can really bust out a good workout. Interestingly, a facebook friend of mine is really into Les Mills' Body Combat and she wants to meet me for a class. Apparently, the closest class is in Derry, which is a decent halfway point for us anyway, since she's down in MA...it sounds interesting, but I'm pretty sure it might just be a little too much of an ass kicking for me. I haven't done any of the classes offered at Gold's (none of them are of the Les Mills variety), mostly due to scheduling conflicts, but maybe I'll check a couple out in the weeks to come.
  • I had an interesting peak into my brother's mind on Tuesday. He was telling me how great A's kids are, and they really are. He was saying how nice they all are to each other, how well they get along and how they've been amazing through everything that's been happening. I commented to him that they are far nicer to each other than he and I are and he actually thought about it for a minute and then reluctantly agreed. It finally, fully dawned on me that all of the crap he gives me is his way of showing me love! Now, I love P dearly and pretty much worshipped him when I was a kid (he's 8 years older than I), but we have perfected the art of sibling taunting and nitpicking. We'd be there for each other in a heartbeat, but are pretty much hardpressed to actually express our love for each other in our normal interactions. Even yesterday, as he was teasing me for being the only one of us (out of all of my siblings, that is) that "being raised Catholic stuck with" he then hugged me for a good long while. I guess he really does love his little sister. There's a reason he's my children's Godfather, though, and it has a lot to do with the fact that I love my big brother...
  • Speaking of being the little sister...ugh, well, let's just say that I will always be the little sister. It will never matter how old I am, they'll always know more than I. Maybe it won't be as annoying when I'm 50 and they're all in their 60s and 70s? Here's hoping...
  • Here's a nice parting thought: Before I found St. John's, I attended a church in another part of town. I drove by it the other day and just love the message on their sign..."Treat yourself to a faithlift. Walk-ins welcome."
  • Now, to try and sleep...

1 comment:

Dirty Kat Box said...

Driving back from Yoga I passed a sign that said Worry is the missue of imagination...