Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A Brief Tour Of My Thoughts

  • Jesus, I don't get enough sleep.
  • I am so damn sad about recent events and don't know what to do to be of more help.
  • The cake for the kids' party! Damnit, the cake! This thing will be my downfall. I don't really want to order one, but no one seems to want to sell me the decoration I want, so I may have to and hopefully someone will give me a straight answer tomorrow and just. sell. me. the. damn. topper. I really want to make my own Thomas cake.
  • Ugh.
  • If we lived at Mom's, then I could take the kids outside to play by myself and not worry about them (well, specifically the boy one) running into the street (I'd still worry, but there's so much more space at Mom's).
  • I really need to get more sleep.
  • If we lived at Mom's, I'd always be worrying about ticks.
  • I now blowdry my hair in an attempt to get to bed earlier. After I shower, I used to let it airdry to a certain point, but when I'm not showering until 10 at night and it can take upwards of 3 hours for my hair to reach a point at which I can go to bed without looking like Medusa in the morning, I'm surprised it took me this long to think of this.
  • Now that I'm blowdrying my hair on a regular basis, people keep asking me if I'd had it cut recently. I'm actually in desperate need of a haircut.
  • Should I go to grad school? Is it worth it? Do I really want to go back to work one day? (Hint: Not so much. But, am I shortchanging myself? My kids?)
  • Ugh.
  • There are a ton of shows I need to catch up on on the DVR. Not enough time in the day.
  • I need to stop it with the Easter loot (mine, not the kids. They got toys from the Easter Bunny and only one small tin of m 'n ms.). There are not enough hours in the day for me to spend in the gym to burn it all off. That said, though, food's a definite comfort at this point.
  • I wonder. Can I kick my Diet Coke habit? The thought is very appealing. This is not the month to experiment, though, but maybe. Just maybe.
  • I really want to post some pictures from the Thomas show. That was fun. The kids had a blast.
  • I'm tired. Very, very tired.
  • We really need to watch the movies we have taken out on Netflix. It's been months.
  • I can't believe my babies are 3.
  • I need a weekend off (I know, I know....who doesn't?!). Just someplace where I can sleep, food magically appears at my door and I don't have to do anything. It'll never happen, though.
  • Ugh.
And that concludes the abbreviated, though circuitous, tour of my brain.

Thank you so much for browsing Heather's mind. Please wait for the ride to come to a full and complete stop and then exit to the left.

1 comment:

Korey said...

why do you think you need to get your masters? what would you get it in? i have mine 1/2 way done but honestly i dont see an mba helping with any type of job that i will get after kids are back in school--i did sales before so i could do that but i think i would rather maybe work in school as secretary or something where i could have summers off--and a job that is left behind when i leave at end of the day! just some thoughts of mine that might make your decisions easier. plus i am not into paying for mba when the crappy classes are left (work paid the others).

did you figure out your cake? you could just cut cake into rectangles and make a train cake; not necessarily thomas...and put some candy on it. the kids will love it.

lorraine