Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Updates

It dawned on me that I never followed up on what happened with my head. Well, the ENT at Dartmouth wasn't all that faboo and, ultimately, I was right and diagnosed myself. He called a few weeks after I had seen him to see how I was doing (I was fine, just like I was when I saw him) and I brought up the issue of labyrinthitis and he declared that that was now "top of his list." My symptoms were still throwing him since "they were so all over the place, but upon further research" he concurred with me that my self-diagnosis was indeed correct. Score 1 for me. Too bad I had to wait over 8 months to get in to see him just to be told that I was right and there's nothing to do since I'm feeling well now. I've cancelled my follow-up appts with the ENT and with p/t. My coping mechanisms seem to be working fine and I just take it easy if my head starts to feel "off." I still have some weakness on my left side, but it predominantly shows itself when I'm marching in place, arms outstretched, eyes closed and counting to 50 and, really, I can't say that I do that all that often or, you know, ever outside of a medical setting.

We've decided that we're going to drop our HBO subscription. Ever since having kids, On Demand has become a major part of our lives, but HBO is rather lacking now I think and now that we've got Netflix (oh, how I love you Netflix) we can get whatever we want, so I'm actually going to start catching up on more Showtime series (Jonathan Rhys Meyers as Henry VIII, I'm looking at you!). We're keeping the digital cable, just ditching the premium stuff.

I'm waiting until the first of the year to cancel our landline, but we are still definitely cancelling it. Between cancelling HBO and the landline, we'll be pocketing and extra $100 a month. Go us.

Look at me with the two posts in a day.

No comments: