Wednesday, February 24, 2010

My Bullet-Pointed Life

  • I switched the home location for my gym from Concord to Belmont. Ever since I switched gyms altogether last August, I've not been as thrilled with the new one. I loved working out at Gold's, but the owner was crazy and it was mighty expensive. Over the past couple of years, I've been lucky enough to work with some great trainers; I know my way around, feel confident in what I'm doing, and really, really love working out. So...when I wasn't as happy with the new gym, my motivation kind of went south. Now, though, I am loving my choice to switch. It's further away, but it's so worth it. I'm actually really enjoying the longer drive, because it's pretty much the only time I get to myself.
  • My nephew ended up back in the hospital late last week. His vision was beginning to go and he was directed to head back to Boston for immediate care. Fortunately, they were able to save his vision, but they've had to treat the Susac's more aggressively and it was a disheartening setback for my sister and nephew. Hopefully, the new regimen works better.
  • Cait and Jeeps have set their wedding date for May 16th. Originally, they were getting married on October 16th, but there's a chance that he may be deployed so the date's been moved up. It's a good thing that I've found my workout mojo again because this matron-of-honor needs to kick her butt into shape!
  • I hate the end of winter. We were supposed to get hit with a big storm today and though parts of New Hampshire did, all we got was rain. Boo! I love winter, but when we get to this time of year where everything is just grey and dirty and gross I just want to jump into nice spring weather (but don't get me wrong...fall and winter are BY FAR my favorite seasons; I am not a fan of the warmth). I don't like the yuck limbo that we're dealing with right now. In theory, we're getting another storm tomorrow. I'll keep my fingers crossed for one more big blast of snow before we're in the dregs of March.
  • It's shaping up to be a crazy Spring. I'm throwing Cait's shower, Easter, the kids' 4th birthday (and, of course, the party) and then the wedding. The next few months will most definitely be a whirlwind.
  • Back in November, I caught a rerun of an episode of Bones one afternoon at the gym. I decided that we should get it through netflix. We are so addicted! It used to be that we would sit on our netflix DVDs forEVER, but not anymore! We're going through nearly 2 discs a week and are nearly finished with the second season. I love the relationship between Bones and Booth.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I was just Blog-Hopping and ran across your blog. Very nicely done, great job :-)

Lisa