Monday, January 26, 2009

Cross Post From Facebook

I suppose this is post cheating, in a way. I've kind of been waiting to be tagged to do the 25 random things about me list on fb for a while. I finally was today so here's what I had to say...some of it is a little redundant from previous mentions on here, but here goes.

1) I don't drink coffee or alcohol. Not for any reason other than I don't like either. I am, however, *hopelessly* addicted to Diet Coke.

2) I never would have joined a gym if I hadn't had children. Not only is it a major sanity saver, but it's my responsibility to be the best me I can be for my family and working out helps me work towards that goal.

3) I am totally addicted to going to the gym and usually end up feeling antsy on the one day a week that I take off. It amuses me how much I love hitting the gym. I was the most athletically ungifted person in the universe when I was younger.

4) Just about everyone I know tries to alphabetize the kids' names and it pretty much drives me nuts. Even though I'm all for alphabetization (and order in general), Liam was my Baby A and so his name always comes first in my mind..."Ella and Liam" just doesn't sound right to me.

5) I won't dangle my feet over the edge of any bed because of a scene in the movie Pet Sematary where the kindly neighbor (aka Herman Munster) gets the back of his heel slashed by brought-back-from-the-dead
Gage.

6) I always knew that I'd have twins. I'd like more children, but we'll see what the universe has in store. Sometimes, I think I'm being greedy for wanting more.

7) I'm starting to care a little more than I'd like to about wrinkles and moisturizing and grey hair.

8) My ultimate dream would be to open a bed and breakfast.

9) I don't believe in the death penalty under any circumstance.

10) I miss my former best friend. A lot.

11) My favorite season is autumn. Followed closely by winter. The beach in winter is the best.

12) I have a thing about even numbers. It still bothers me that Liam and Ella's birthday is on an odd day. I'm crazy. I know.

13) However, 5 is one of my favorite numbers. Go figure.

14) I block my nose when I sneeze. It's such a habit now that I can't sneeze with my nose unblocked. It hurts.

15) I want to travel to England, Scotland, Ireland and Iceland. Paris would be kind of cool, too.

16) J and I eloped after having only known each other for 4 months. 12+ years later, I'd say it worked out pretty damn well.

17) I finally gained genuine confidence once I became a mother.

18) I have a thing for Darth Vader.

19) I never understood recreational shopping. Until I became a stay-at-home-mom.

20) I mute commercials religiously. I also keep the computer on mute. If someone has turned the sound on and forgotten to re-mute it? Pretty much a good way to annoy me.

21) The "clean/dirty" magnet on my dishwasher actually says "virgin/slut." It amuses me, but I know the day is coming when I'll have to remove it.

22) I love my nose piercing. My nose? Not so much.

23) My favorite colors are green, cranberry and blue.

24) Even though I was pro-circumcision the entire time I was pregnant, I decided not to have Liam circumcised. (NOTE: So as to avoid any controversy...this was a *personal* decision and in NO WAY stands as a judgment call for people who choose to have their son(s) circumcised.)

25) I must always sleep with a fan on. If the power goes out in the middle of the night, I wake up *instantly* from the lack of white noise.

No comments: